Tuesday, October 28, 2008

sweet pigdog




my dear sweet pigdog had a stroke last night.  i am really torn up about it and am having to make the decision of what to do about her.  she has been patrick's dog for over 12 years and mine for over 7 years.  she is the perfect dog.  she has been such a fantastic traveling companion, seeing most of the united states with us on our crazy travels.  everyone that we know or meet along the way has seen the value in her.  she came into our lives as a stray looking for a good home and a little love and attention, when she chose to have her puppies under patrick's cabin many years ago.  they have a deep connection.  there will never be another pigdog.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, my dear Tonia, there will never be another PigDog nor would you want there to be. She is and/or was unique and will forever hold a special place in your memory. My eyes are filled and overflowing with tears as I write as I loved her, too, so much! A dog who required no training. A dog who had perfect manners and who always knew just what to do and when.

I will never forget the day I met her. She was lying across the entrance to Patrick's cabin sleeping in the sun. And I cautioned him not to feed her so she would wander off; but, of course, he petted her and fed her and she shortly delivered a double handful of little black puppies.

She adored him and then she adored you as well, willingly welcoming you into Patrick's life and sharing him with you.

The Lady, PigDog, has lived a very full and productive life. She has known much love and given much love. She has traveled the United States. Her image has been used in many an art project.

She has come full circle. From Montevallo and back again.

Perhaps it is time for her to become an angel and we will soon see her in the clouds chasing deer and having a grand old time!

All my love - GiGi

Shannon Duffy said...

I am so sorry to hear and with deep sadness for you and patrick. Pigdog is such a sweet and kind being...I will be sending my thoughts your way. Love, Shannon